Tariffs are rising and utility bills are rising every month. It's time to think about how you can save electricity in your home. Using simple methods, it is not difficult to achieve a 25% cost reduction. Is there no reason to think about saving energy?
Big savings start with small habits. Many people know how to save energy at home; it is difficult to teach a family with these simple rules. Turning off lights when leaving the room, unplugging chargers when the appliance is charged, using home appliances more efficiently, watching TV less time - small lifestyle changes can save a lot of money.
Light can be saved both with the help of restrictions and using the techniques used by the Swedes and Scandinavians. Rejection of heavy curtains, netting on the windows gives the best lighting. Light-colored walls and floors reflect up to 80% of sunlight, which means you will need to turn on the lighting less often.
It is also important to wash the glass regularly, dust off lamps, chandeliers and candlesticks - pollution reduces light by a third. Windows and doors with good thermal insulation, wiring and modern equipment are a waste, but they will soon be paid for with a reduction in utility bills.
Top ways to save energy
In an apartment and a private house, you can save electricity on both lighting, cooking and appliances - in either direction it is necessary to reduce costs. Comfortables Comfortable to work with, you can read with a table lamp without lighting a 3-5 horn chandelier. You will need to vacuum less frequently if you get rid of carpets and dust regularly. Proper use of household appliances, selection of energy-saving lamps and appliances, calculation of tariffs are the main sources for a reasonable expenditure of money.
Correct use of electrical equipment
Knowing the secrets will save you a lot of money. How to use household appliances correctly so as not to pay more for electricity?
- Appliances that do not need an uninterruptible power supply, such as a refrigerator, are best unplugged at night. For this, it is convenient to use surge protectors with circuit breakers.
- Do not leave your computer, laptop, printer or other device in standby mode. This will reduce the cost of paying 200 kW per year.
- Only place the refrigerator away from heating appliances. Do not teach the family to look at it that way - the energy consumption for cooling, after opening the door, increases by 5%.
- Start the washing machine, dishwasher only at full load. Use high quality household chemicals and low temperature conditions.
- Iron items that require delicate treatment, once turned off, with a cooling iron. Iron your clothes only after you have assembled a few sets, so as not to overheat the iron too many times. Bed linen is easy to run after washing and fold neatly.
- Refuse to buy unnecessary appliances - electric fireplaces, coffee makers, thermal cookers, decorative lamps do not contribute to savings. Their functions are often duplicated by other techniques.
Controlling equipment shutdown is a hassle, but cost savings will please the responsible owner. Saving energy in your home is as easy as creating new habits.
Purchase energy-saving home appliances
Buying the right equipment is an important part of saving. Modern technology will save money on electricity. What is important to consider?
- Energy efficiency class. It is better to choose A or B. A class A refrigerator consumes from 130 to 300 kWh, categories D and C will increase this figure 2-3 times.
- Size. A family of three is unlikely to need a large refrigerator, it will stay half empty and you will have to pay for its energy consumption.
- Modern technologies. Induction hobs heat only the bottom of the container, their efficiency reaches 95%!
Mobile batteries with solar power will charge a smartphone, such batteries are also used to charge flashlights, which are used instead of night light. Power saving modes are integrated into modern computers, tablets, it is important not to be lazy and understand how to use it correctly. Disabling and removing unnecessary applications will increase the running time of your smartphone by 15-20%, which means that you will need to charge it less often.
LED lamp applications
Light is an affordable way to save money, many people know how to do it. It is necessary to replace incandescent bulbs with energy-saving ones. An incandescent lamp consumes 60 W, a fluorescent lamp - 15 W and an LED lamp - 8 W. The choice is clear. You need to buy LED bulbs from reliable manufacturers, they are more expensive, but due to a long period of use, they justify the costs and provide tangible savings. What other advantages do they have?
- Activate immediately.
- The base / ceiling does not heat up. The
- E27 and E14 bases fit most luminaires.
- You can choose warm or cold light - this is indicated on the packaging.
Replacing all light bulbs is the fastest way to see energy savings. Within a month, the kilowatts saved will reduce light costs by 2 times.
Setting the meter with two tariffs
Range of measuring devices with two tariffs: from 7. 00 to 23. 00, from 23. 00 to 7. 00. Installation will pay for one year if there are many electrical appliances in the house that can be turned on at night -a washing machine and dishwasher, underfloor heating, air conditioning and also if owners come home late or work on the computer at night.
Saving in the kitchen
The most energy consuming appliances are in the kitchen. This is a stove, kettle, refrigerator, microwave. How can energy costs be reduced here?
- Defrost the refrigerator regularly if it is not equipped with a No Frost system.
- If possible, connect a gas stove.
- Buy thick-walled dishes and a bottom - food stinks in it when the heat is off, there will be time to cook and it will stay warm longer.
- Boil water without reservation - as many glasses as you intend to drink.
- Use the thermos. If you fill it with boiling water in the morning, there will be plenty of water for the whole day.
- A steamer or multi-cooker lets you cook several dishes at once.
A wise housewife knows how to save energy without compromising the quality of life. Regularly defrosting the kettle, closing the pot when cooking, using a pressure cooker are simple recipes for saving the house.
Other ways to save
There are various methods on the Internet to reduce the cost of paying bills. Puzzled how to save electricity in an apartment with folk remedies, you can find household tricks used by residents to avoid paying for electricity. This is the use of a magnet, wire to block the meter. When asked how to save energy at home, recommendations for zero contact grounding and other illegal methods may emerge. The consequences of using them can be very unpleasant to seriously advise such experiments.
Energy saving devices
Which technique will help you use less electricity? All energy saving devices are designed to turn off appliances or light on time.Is it possible to save money with their help and how to do it, owners of private apartments and houses are thinking. What should be done?
- Install motion and presence sensors in places where a person stays for a short time: storage, hallway, toilet.
- Use walk-out switches: at the beginning and end of the stairs, a long corridor, they place keys to turn off the lights when you leave the room.
- Use time staff. Conveniently suitable for programming flower lamps, fan heaters, and even water heaters with a volume of 30-40 liters to work in a certain period. You no longer have to monitor their closure in time.
- Configure thermostats. You can save electricity at home by setting the water temperature in the boiler, underfloor heating or electric boiler.
You can save money by installing useful appliances in your apartment or house. If there are no owners during the day, the heating for this period can be reduced by a few degrees so that the thermostat raises the temperature one or two hours before the arrival of the owners.
How to save electricity in a private home
All the listed methods for apartments work for individual residential buildings, but due to the larger area, they may have their own characteristics. Saving electricity in a private home is no harder than in an apartment, you just have to know how. Heating is responsible for most of the costs. Underfloor heating, it is better to replace an electric boiler with gas heating or solid fuel. Well-insulated walls will limit heat loss. Russian stove, fireplace will warm the room and add originality to the interior.
Saving homeowners know how easy it is to save electricity in a private home. During the construction phase, they are planning a basement or cellar that will replace the refrigerator, as well as an outdoor kitchen where they cook using an oven or grill. In the local area, you should install solar-powered lanterns. The sun will heat the water during the summer, and an outdoor shower is without energy.
Homeowners know how to save energy in a private home - installing solar panels delivers 120 kW per square foot. m The system requires investment, but can be a serious help in reducing resource costs.
Economy and environmental friendliness are current priorities. Consuming energy wisely will save money for vacations or studies. Many people around the world care about saving electricity, which means conserving the planet's resources.