Tired of paying a lot of money for electricity? Unfortunately, without this spending item it is impossible to imagine the modern world, but each of us can reduce it easily. In this article, we will learn how to save energy at home without using technically complex devices and prohibited methods. Let's begin!
Most energy consuming electrical appliances
First, let us determine exactly where the kilowatts of our energy go.
Most "insatiable" home appliances:
- Refrigerator - 30 kW;
- Electric heater - 60 kW;
- Boiler - 180 kW;
- Computer - 45 kW;
- TV - 20 kW.
It is easy to think that we will limit the operation of these devices, but how do we do this without significant damage, because without them it is difficult to imagine everyday life? Let us understand now.
How to start saving kilowatts of electricity
- Defrost the refrigerator more often. Ice on freezing walls significantly increases energy consumption and no electricity is consumed during thawing.
- Forget the habit of opening the refrigerator door empty. Rooms absorb heat and consumption increases.
- Remember to turn off your laptop and computer. Even in sleep mode, they consume electricity.
- Do not pull away from heaters. Try to make the most of all the ways to insulate your apartment. There are many possibilities, the main thing is the elimination of sketches in the window.
- Remember! Every electrical appliance consumes insignificant energy even when it is off, so unplug it.
- Very common but important tip: when you leave the room, turn off the light, as well as the TV, which always plays somewhere in the background.
- Try to monitor the quality of electrical appliances and their service life. Saving is a trend in the production of every device today. Also monitor the status of wiring.
We did almost everything possible, all that remains is to put these rules into a habit.
Power saving devices
We are talking about technological innovations that reduce energy consumption.
In laboratory conditions, a high quality LED lamp can be 9 times more economical than an incandescent lamp and last 30-50 thousand hours. Although our daily life is not comparable to the conditions in a laboratory, such lamps have another important advantage - the possibility of repair in case of breakdown. Although these bulbs are more expensive than conventional bulbs, buying them will definitely pay off.
The principle of operation of such devices is based on reducing the voltage drop across the network and ensures stability in the operation of electrical equipment. Read the instructions carefully if you decide to use them!
Mostly suitable for private homes only, they are low energy and expensive. However, there are devices on the market with integrated solar panels, such as lamps. Put them in place and they will be charged by sunlight until evening, and the accumulated energy will be expended in the evening.
Suitable for those who use boilers and boilers to heat water, the thermostat will allow them to turn off when heated to a certain temperature.
The above methods and equipment can help you reduce energy consumption and save you a lot of money.
I would also like to say that saving electricity is not only a benefit to the budget, but also a great benefit to humanity. So let’s take care of our planet ecology along with a nice benefit for ourselves!