Powerful energy complexes are used to serve industrial, agricultural and construction enterprises. Almost 80% of all energy produced in the country is consumed by enterprises. It is the costs of heating and electricity that are becoming one of the main points of expenditure.
They can be reduced by introducing energy saving technologies in the enterprise. They mean upgrading equipment as well as using high-precision instruments. The instrumentation is always chosen taking into account the specifics of the industrial facility. So, for the enterprises of the heating and energy and oil industry, devices with an increased degree of protection from external influences are used.
Popular Ways to Save Money: Top Tips
Key technological activities include:
- Replacing appliances with energy-saving ones, ranging from lamps to heat exchangers and motors with variable frequency.
- Increase productivity in the power generation process: for example, installation of condensing equipment.
- Initiation of projects for "ecological" alternative energy (sun, water, wind).
- Monitoring of consumed resources and launching control systems.
The research conducted and the statistical data collected claim that 90% of energy losses are related to irrational consumption, but only up to 10% is lost in the process of transport and transmission. Therefore, the main directions in energy saving technologies are associated precisely with the optimization of the use of heat and electricity. All such activities have their payback period: specialists can easily calculate the economic feasibility of implementing certain processes or purchasing new equipment.
It is the technical measures implemented that effectively reduce the amount of energy consumed, heat and electricity. They are costly and time consuming, may require significant investment in the initial stage, but provide good results (and tangible monetary savings). Such events include:
- installation of metering units, flow meters: allows you to identify implied losses and reduce costs by 20-30%;
- installation of small boiler rooms for needs, away from the central highway, areas: helps eliminate heat loss during transport;
- introduction of a frequency control system for electric motors in ventilation, pumping systems, for other facilities operating without constant load;
- installation of initial relays for lamps and replacement of obsolete lamps with energy-saving ones;
- obtaining energy by processing secondary raw material directly into production (thus reducing its cost by almost 4 times);
- thermal insulation of the room;
- installation and launch of solar panels;
- use of organic fuel in boiler rooms.
Also, do not forget about the planned inspection and repair of all pipelines, cable networks and other elements of engineering systems, which reduces losses. In addition, gas, water and power supply systems must be equipped with highly sensitive modern regulators and metering devices. These are activities that are being actively implemented in modern enterprises.
If we talk about the latest energy saving developments, then these include vortex type generators, heat exchangers in ventilation systems (with an additional cooler or radiator), solar panels and solar collectors. Most advanced technologies are very expensive for mass use. The only exceptions are LED lighting and the launch of rotary wind turbines.