As everyone knows, incandescent lamps have a subtle vibration, which, when a person is in the room for a long time, negatively affects his vision. For those who are accustomed, this vibration may be completely invisible, but for people with sensitive nerve endings in the occiput of the eye, it can cause discomfort and also lead to irritability. Therefore, LED lamps have been invented that do not have such a defect. They also do not have harmful radiation like ultraviolet and infrared rays. In fact, this is their main principle of operation. Due to this type of radiation, the eyes feel overloaded, as a result of which a person may lose sight after a while. Among other things, energy saving is an important factor. An LED bulb is much more economical than incandescent bulbs, but the price of a diode bulb is much higher. Therefore, in this article we will show you how to choose an LED foot and analyze the question:Do LED lamps save energy?. . .
Advantages and disadvantages
As mentioned above, the main advantage of LED lamps is energy saving and in our country saving electricity is the key to a comfortable life. Moreover, the design of these lighting fixtures is very elegant, which gives the room or the room a certain charm and attractiveness. In European countries, incandescent lamps are no longer used. Moreover, there are also special programs of legislation to eliminate the production of such lamps and their use in daily life.
It is worth noting that ordinary lamps "burn out" very often. Poor quality of filament hairs leads to failure of the bulb itself, and it can only be replaced. LED lamps, or as they are popularly called energy saving lamps, rarely become unusable and their lifespan is from 1 to 5 years, and sometimes even longer. Such a long lifespan lies in their structure.
LED lighting fixtures are made from a variety of materials, and also give them different types of shapes. You can find them in the market for every taste and color, as well as choose the lamp that suits your interior, as there are lamps for general lighting (main) and for decoration. Do not forget about such a factor as a very high light output. For example, a 15 W lamp provides light for all 120, while voltage consumption is minimal.
The disadvantage of these lamps is their cost, as well as the fact that the lamps can not be changed often from one place to another, otherwise their service life will be significantly reduced.
How to choose
When choosing which lighting fixture to buy, we advise you to pay attention to two factors: the manufacturer and the features. The number of manufacturers is large, which allows you to choose exactly the lamp that suits you best. Production takes place in all countries of the world, but China is still the main supplier.
However, the aspect to focus on are the features of the product. Namely:
- Limiting characteristics, namely power, incandescent temperature, angles, brightness, etc. The features are directly proportional to the manufacturer. That is, often malfunctions of home employees can be associated with incorrectly given information about the features of the device;
- The device of the lighting device itself, its appearance. This is worth paying attention to, because only you know how this or that lamp will fit into your interior. The bulb may become unusable for the fact that it does not correspond to its purpose;
- Look at the properties of the power supply and microcircuits. It is important to keep in mind that not every housewife will work in low temperatures, for example, outside in the winter. Also, voltage drop in the mains is taken into account, as this affects the stability of the luminaire as a whole. Therefore, before use, read the safety precautions and instructions for use;
- Expensive LED lamps most often have diodes that can be replaced in case of failure. It is also worth paying attention, as usually the service life of these lamps is high, but due to the possibility of repair, it increases significantly, because it is cheaper to buy replaceable diodes than the lamps themselves;
- As well as a light quality indicator, the box should contain a detailed file with all the information about the features and instructions for use. This is what every self-respecting manufacturer does.
Do not forget about counterfeits, as they have a place in the market. It is impossible to check this by eye, but there are special laboratories in which you can check your equipment for fake. Although it is worth noting that forgeries are sometimes not inferior in quality to the original.
Energy saving calculation
As mentioned above, the main advantage of LED lamps is energy saving. This saving lies in the fact that with low energy consumption a large amount of light radiation is generated per unit.
Below we give you a comparison chart of some lamps compared to LED. Perhaps the main characteristic of a lamp is its emission of light, which is measured in Lumens (Lm).
|Incandescent lamp power (W)||Fluorescent lamp, power (W)||LED lamp power (W)||Bright flux (lm), medium|
The choice is clear, but it is worth considering the fact that all "housewives" emit narrowly focused light energy. On the box, manufacturers often indicate this parameter, so you should carefully consider the choice of lighting fixture so as not to lead to embarrassment. There is also a parameter such as color heat transfer, or, more simply, the color of the light emitting. Incandescent lamps have only one shade, yellow, an LED lamp has several colors and shades. This is also done for the ease of lighting the premises, depending on the needs of the buyer.
So, from all the above, we can conclude that among all the lighting devices on the market, it is more profitable to get an LED lamp, in order to save electricity and, accordingly, your money.
Hopefully this article has given you an answer to the question of whether LED lamps save energy and whether it is true.